Saturday, November 22

I know that I am not the first wife to say this...and I'm not the first wife to truly believe it, but I have The Best Husband. One thing that makes me so lucky, is that he loves me. There is no doubt in my mind that Brandon loves me, and that he thinks he is the lucky one in our relationship.

He does little things for me, like make sure that I am covered and warm when he comes to bed at night. He is so sweet to rub my back or feet, especially since I can't reach them myself right now. He never passes up an opportunity to kiss my neck or swat my bum, even when it annoys me. He is always making sure that I know that he loves me, and he is there, and that he is happy with us! I love his sense of humor. He can be corny with he kids, and we love it. I tell them their dad is weird all the time, and it's true. He makes me laugh pretty much every day. He is a happy guy, and smiles a lot. It makes the hard times easier to deal with when he is smiling at me. I love that he kisses me in front of the kids. They get all grossed out, but they KNOW that Dad loves Mom. He makes a point to take me out as often as we can, and the kids know that dad and mom are going on a date because we are in love!!!! I love it!



Brandon is a big kid at heart! Here he is, trying to shovel the driveway, and takes a break to throw a snowball at the kids. He tries so hard to play with them, and make regular, boring stuff fun. What a great man I have. Did you know that he sent me on a goose chase, kind of, when he proposed? It was Christmas day, 1997, and we were in his back yard, and there was a gift hanging in the tree up above us, and he was convinced that Santa had dropped it out of his sleigh. So I had to pull it down, and unwrap it. It was not my ring...but a decoy gift. Then he got down on one knee and told me he loved me, and asked me to marry him! What a fun and memorable proposal! I am eternally grateful that he asked, and I said yes!!!


I don't know when you'll see this, Bran, but I want the world to know (well, or our small corner of it) that I love you. You are the greatest, and I am so blessed, lucky, fortunate..... thank you for choosing me to love!!!!!


2 comments:

Ali Miller said...

How sweet... you both are lucky, and so are we to have you guys in our lives. luv ya!

the holland's said...

i cried........