Friday, February 6

Well, I have passed my official due date. Ella died almost 2 months ago, and we are surviving. Some days are great, or at least bearable. We found out that Brandon's Doctor knew what he was doing with Brandon's vasectomy. We are coming to terms with the fact that we are done with our family. My goal is to go through all the baby stuff this weekend, and do a huge DI run. I have talked to a couple of people who want some of our bigger stuff. But, I am ready to be done with baby stuff.

I talked to my therapist (yes, I am in therapy) the day after we got the results from Brandon's "sample". I told her I was so angry and sad that I just wanted to destroy the crib. Just take a hammer to it. Her advice was to do it. But I told her that I can't, because it is in good shape, and someone could use it. Then, she laughed at me. My therapist actually laughed at me. I just can't destroy it because I know it could help someone else. She said that shows a lot about who I am.

I want to feel normal again, and with the prayers and love of family and friends, i am getting there. I actually went and saw the baby of my friend in our ward who was due 2 days apart from me. I didn't stay long, and she offered, but I didn't hold her beautiful daughter...but I went!

Anyway, just an update from the White house. We are hanging in there, but please keep praying for us, and emailing and calling. We know we are loved, but right now, every little reminder helps!!!

A picture of our family from the funeral. Thanks Chan!

7 comments:

the holland's said...

i love you, and destroy the crib girl! whatever makes you feel better.... maybe that says alittle about who i am. hehehe... im here if you need me, and it only gets easier, you are being so brave going out into the world and being a great mommy to the four that you already have. hang in there.

Ali Miller said...

love you sweetie, and am proud of you for going over to your friends house... holy crap I just remembered I have your transcript in my car. I drop it off on Monday. Or at least call you. I'd do it tomorrow but it's Aar's BD, and well...

Ginny said...

so good to get an update! been thinking lots about you. couldn't remember your actual due date but could do enough math to be close. I'm so impressed you went to see your friend and am so glad you have a therapist to laugh with and at you (and tell you to smash the crib!).

know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!! I love you!

Peach said...

Love and hugs and prayers coming your way. How brave of you to go visit your friend. I hope it hasn't had after-effects. Smash the d**n crib if it makes you feel better. Right now, whatever works is best. XOXO

jenny.hawkes said...

I've been thinking about you a lot lately. God bless you!

Jason and Sheila Jensen said...

You deserve to be happy and I pray that your feelings of "normal" will return sooner than later. We love you and are here for you!

brandy said...

Here is a huge hug from Ohio :)

We love you and are still praying for you and your sweet family. We really have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing so thank you for posting. Keep staying strong and if you feel like destroying a crib go for it. Whatever, makes you feel better!