Friday, April 3

Tarantula


Thomas is in first grade this year, and has a great teacher, Mrs. Jones. One thing that all the kids like about her is that she has a pet tarantula. Yeah, really. So, the kids earn "tarantula points" and when they have enough, then Maybell comes to class. They got to see her the first time, and touch her the second time, and hold her the third time. Amazing. Parents can see her if they come on tarantula day, but they cannot touch because they are not in her class, and didn't earn it.

Last week was our last SEP conference, and Maybell was there. Brandon and the twins had seen her before, but I had not. So after the meeting, Mrs Jones got Maybelle's cage out. Liv wanted to touch her, and Mrs Jones said that if mom would touch her, that Liv and Alex could too. Well, now I had been dared.

Thomas touched her first, to show me how. Then I put my hand in and touched her. Ewwww! Actually, they are kind of fuzzy. Then, Olivia reached in and touched her!!! Alex tried, but chickened out twice. "maybe when I'm older" he said. Mrs Jones said that Liv is the 1st younger sibling to actually touch the tarantula. She was very impressed!!!!!

No comments: